The Drama Track is where you put the energy and talent you’ve been gifted with into action as you bring Scripture to life!
IN THE DRAMA TRACK YOU WILL:
- Learn to live the gift by expressing yourself through dramatic interpretation with the four basic acting tools:
• Body • Voice • Imagination • Cooperation
- Learn how to embody and take on a character from a story.
- Learn improvisational skills and basic acting skills through fun games.
- Learn how to memorize Scripture and act out the Word of God with passion, using your creative gifts through scene work.
- Have the opportunity to perform your scenes on stage at the Camp Rock Showcase on Sunday, July 31!
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- You must be entering grades 4-8 to be a part of this track.
- You should wear your Camp Rock T-shirt each evening (you will receive a T-shirt on the first day of camp) and shorts/pants that are easy to move in.
- The scenes that we will be working on for the Showcase should be memorized for the performance.
- If your child participates in the Showcase, they must be able to perform in the Showcase for both services.
- Costumes are encouraged! Please find a colorful pashmina scarf to use for the performance that has your child’s name marked on it. The scarves will be used to create many different characters.
- Besides a scarf, you won’t need any supplies for this track; just bring your creativity, a great attitude, and a readiness to learn Scripture!
We are super excited to put on a great show with you this summer!
GET READY TO ROCK!