This one-time class will help you gain a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
Before you attend Membership@Harvest, we suggest you attend Party with the Pastors.This is a great way to learn about Harvest and meet some of the Pastors and Elders. This is not required for membership, but it's a good idea to attend!
Membership@Harvest is offered several times annually (find the upcoming date on the church calendar or by contacting the office). It discusses the history of our church, describes a disciple of Jesus Christ, explains our church government, what the Bible says about baptism, and the commitments of members of Harvest Bible Chapel.
At the completion of the class, you will receive a membership application form. After the application is completed and returned, a membership interview will be conducted. During this interview with one of our church leaders the prospective member shares their testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church.
The date for the next Membership@Harvest class can be found on the church calendar or by contacting the office.
FAQs about Membership
Q: How do I become a member at Harvest?
- A: A person interested in membership is invited to attend both Party with the Pastors (PWTP) and Membership@Harvest classes, and is encouraged to join a Small Group and serve in one of the many ministries at Harvest.
The prospective member will receive a membership application form at the completion of the Membership@Harvest class. Once the application for membership is received, the next step is an Elder interview. During the meeting with a church Elder, the prospective member shares their testimony of conversion to Christ and asks any remaining questions about the church. If there are no concerns raised, the individual is officially welcomed in as a member.
This class is offered several times throughout the year. It discusses the history of the Harvest Bible Chapel, describes a disciple of Jesus Christ, and explains church government, baptism, and the commitments of members of Harvest Bible Chapel.
Q: What are the membership commitments?
- A: Members agree to adhere to the following four commitments:
- I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
- I will, with God's help, seek to maintain my consistent disciplines of prayer, Bible study, personal devotion time, and attendance at worship services.
- I will neither criticize nor listen to criticism concerning any member of this body and will, when personally offended, speak directly and lovingly with those involved.
- I will financially support the ministries of Harvest Bible Chapel by faithfully giving back to the Lord through tithes and offerings.
Q: Who can become a member of Harvest Bible Chapel?
A: There are three requirements for membership:
- A clear personal testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ alone as the payment for sin and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 5:8).
- Baptism by immersion and a public statement that identifies that person as a follower of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:3-6).
- A Membership interview with a church Elder (Hebrews 13:17).