Lancaster County’s premier creative arts camp for kids who are currently in grades 1-7.
Follow us on Facebook for real-time updates on Camp Rock!
Sunday–Thursday, July 21–25, 2019
In the evenings from 6:00–9:00 PM
Showcase: Sunday, July 28, 2019
About Camp Rock
Camp Rock is a creative arts camp led by industry professionals and talented volunteers. This week-long camp will develop your child’s confidence, creative skills, and nurture their spiritual well-being through the arts.
Kids currently in grades 1-7.
Sunday–Thursday, July 21–25
In the evenings from 6:00–9:00 PM
Super Early Bird Special: $59 Per Rock Star [March 31 – April 7 only!]
Early Bird Special: $69 Per Rock Star [Through June 2]
Regular Price: $79 Per Rock Star [Through July 14]
Q: Is there a set check-in and check-out location and procedure?
- A: Yes!
- Checking In Your Child
- Parents must drop off and check in their child each evening of Camp Rock.
- Please enter through the Worship Center main doors, at the top of the ramp, of Harvest Bible Chapel Lancaster (651 Lampeter Road, Lancaster, PA 17602) and accompany your child to the check-in table. You may then leave or join your child for the Fun Factor activity for the night until Camp Rock begins.
- We encourage you to arrive early as there will be pre-camp activities for your child that they won’t want to miss!
- Check-in will be open during the following times: Sunday, July 22 • 5:30-6:30 PM & M-TH, July 23-26 • 6:00-6:30 PM
- Checking Out Your Child
- Parents must pick up their child each evening of Camp Rock. Parents must have a photo ID with them. If you are carpooling with another family or if someone other than a parent will be picking up your child, please let us know when you check your child in each evening.
- Please, once again, enter through the Worship Center main doors and come to the check-out table. A Camp Rock volunteer will bring your child to meet you.
- Pick-up begins promptly at 9:00 PM each night of Camp Rock.
- If there is someone other than those listed on your registration form picking up your child, please provide a signed note with the full name of the person you have authorized to pick up your child and their cell phone number. This should be given at the time of check-in. Make sure this person also brings their ID with them.
- Please note there is no before or after camp care.
Q: What can my child expect on the first day of camp?
- A: On the first day, each child will receive a Camp Rock T-shirt and name tag. We ask that your child wears their T-shirt and name tag each day of camp. It helps us to identify them easily and helps in keeping our kids safe. You will also be given a camp information letter, which will contain important logistical information for the week.
Q: What if I need someone other than myself to pick my child up from camp?
- A: There is a section on the registration form to provide authorization for someone other than yourself to pick up your child. If there is someone other than those listed on the registration form picking up your child, please provide a signed note with the full name of the person you have authorized to pick up your child and their cell phone number. This should be given at the time of check-in. Those individuals will need to bring identification with them. Please be aware that our staff will not allow any child to be picked up by someone that the child does not recognize. Their photo ID must match the name on the note.
Q: What do I do if I need to pick up my child early?
- A: Please provide a written note when checking in your child that evening. At pick-up, a volunteer at the check-out desk will help retrieve your child for release.
Q: What about snacks?
- A: Rock Stars will be given a snack and a drink each evening. If your child has a severe allergy, please note the allergy on their Health History form and indicate if you will be providing a snack for your child.
Q: What should my child refrain from bringing to camp?
- A: Anything of value should be left at home in order to ensure the safety of your child’s belongings. Any type of hand-held computer game, electronic device, cell phone, toy, etc. should not be brought to camp.
Q: Can my child bring their cell phone?
- A: Rock Stars are not allowed to bring cell phones to camp. If an emergency occurs and you need to reach your child during camp hours, an emergency contact number will be given at check-in on Sunday evening.
Q: Are kids supervised at all times?
- A: Absolutely! The Rock Stars’ health and safety is our number one priority. We follow a strict safety policy that ensures that there are always an adequate number of supervisors at all times. We also ensure that each Rock Star is always signed in and signed out of camp by an approved adult.
Q: What will happen in cases of injury or illness?
- A: If your child requires medical attention, a proper course of action will be taken to secure immediate treatment. A camp nurse is present at all times. Once any serious injury is stabilized, we will contact the parents and, if necessary, the local emergency services. In your registration packet, we ask important medical-related questions so that we are always aware of any pre-existing injury or illness.
Q: What is the Camp Rock Showcase?
- A: Two live showcases will be held on Sunday, July 29 and will be the highlight of your child’s week at Camp Rock. All Camp Rock participants are required to be at the Camp Rock Showcase. Rock Stars will get an opportunity to perform and show their family and friends what they’ve been working on all week. The Rock Track will get a chance to play together on stage. The Art Track will have their work displayed in the Camp Rock Art Gallery. Some of the Video Track will be helping with tech during the worship service, while others will have their projects featured in a highlight presentation. The Drama Track will perform the skits they worked on. The Circus Track and the Dance Track will perform the routines they worked on during the week.